Gallery Results For:

Shotei, Takahashi (1871 - 1945), "Fishing Fire"

arrow-left arrow right "Fishing Fire" by Shotei, Takahashi
Catalog ID A0948
Artist Takahashi Shotei
Title Fishing Fire
Medium Original Creped Japanese Woodblock Print
Series Title
Edition First
Date 1909
Publisher S. Watanabe
Reference No Folk #34 (pg. 18)
Size 5 -1/2 x 12 -1/4 " - Crepe Paper
Condition Fine with fresh colors; slightly toned on reverse.
Price $1500.00
Shipping (US) $59.00
Shipping (Non-US) $180.00

Notes: Scarce, Pre-earthquake design. S. Watanabe pre-quake Catalog No. 327, on reverse. A seldom seen state, with fresh colors.

Chirimen-gami-e ("crepe paper") were crinkled paper prints, sometimes referred to as 'crepon'. Ukiyo-e crepe prints were produced at least as early as 1800 in Edo, and throughout the nineteenth century they were used on occasion for alternate states of some ukiyo-e designs. The compression technique resulted in a highly textured surface and slightly smaller paper size.